I'm a nerdfighter who loves my friends and Harry Potter.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Being a twelve-year-old girl from the south

First off, the birthday party yesterday was fun. We played and epic game of quidditch that kind of turnes into "How violent can we be while shoving the ball past the keeper", and I met two other girls who like Harry Potter. One of them likes the vomit flavored Bertie Botts ("they leave a sweet taste in your mouth") and the other is a ginger (though her hair is quite redder than mine).

I have a question. Why do people use twelve as the little kid age? Okay. I'm twelve. I've liked guys but never really dated one, not because I'm young, but because I am unattractive. I know some girls my age who have had sex and others who want to. One girl said that she is going to have sex by the time she is fifteen. We aren't little kids. Other people say that middle-schoolers have a naughty sense of humor. I do have to agree to that, though not all of us do. Boys in particular seem to be the ones to say things like, "You judged a girl? That must mean you're a lesbian!" I wouldn't do that. I do say things like, "Emma Watson has to be one of the prettiest women on this Earth" but I'm not a lesbian. Now every now and a gain I will make a sex related joke or say "THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID" but only when it's appropriate.

Being from the south is a disadvantage because when you mention that you live in South Carolina, people automatically assume that you love country music, know how to do anything with an animal or a farm, and talk like a hillbilly. None of these things describe me. I love ROCK music (slipknot, Paramore, MCR, PATD!, etc...); I don't know how to mik a cow or harvest crops, nor have I ever been camping (church camp doesn't count as "camping"); and though I might have a slight southern accent, I don't really notice it, except when I'm really mad it sometimes slips out. So you can throw away your southern stereotypes and get to know people for real.

And being a girl just sucks for "certain reasons" that you will know if you are one...

Church was sad today. My interem pastor preached his last sermon for us this morning, though the new pastor will actually be here next Sunday (and he's Scottish, so that'll be fun. Gerard Butler is Scottish, so maybe I can close my eyes and only listen to the accent).

I actually wrote a decent-sized blog! Heck yeah! Bye <3

1 comment:

  1. oh, awesome.
    who won the game of quidditch??
    and yeah, why do people use twelve as a little kid age?? I consider myself a teen, not a little kid....

    ReplyDelete