I'm a nerdfighter who loves my friends and Harry Potter.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

HALF-BLOOD PRINCE

was freaking awesome. I didn't get to blog when it was fresh in my mind because my mom is mean and decided she won't let me on the computer after midnight (and it was three so that classifies as after midnight). But it was the best movie yet and I desperately hope that Deathly Hallows is just as good.

The acting was super amazing. Rupert Grint was hilarious. Daniel was, too, but just in a few scenes. His best was the Felix Felicis scene. He kind of reminded me of a little six-year-old with ADD. But it was funny anyway. Some of the Harry/Ginny scenes were odd. I really didn't like it when Bonnie said, "Take my hand." It was weird. Helena Bonham carter was brilliant as Bellatrix, of course. As was Alan Rickman. Lavender was pretty good. She was a little overly obsessive and scary, instead of overly obsessive and flirty. Oh well. All the little additions were great. Blaise, Pansy, Cormac (He was HOT), and all the others. And don't even get me started on Tom Felton. I think my little crush on Tom has affected how I think about movie Draco. I almost cried during the bathroom fight. He was all bloody and, *sob* I don't know. I felt bad for him. Draco has so much inner conflict and character depth in this book and Tom portrayed that wonderfully. He got the tourtured-I-don't-want-to-do-this-but-I-have-to look down perfectly. When he was crying it really brought out a weak side of Draco that you don't see in the first five books. It makes me believe that Draco has good deep inside him, but he thinks it shows weakness and is afraid of his father, so he covers it up with arrogant bullying.

Enough about the acting. The cave scene was so good. I was sitting in my chair, tense and just staring at the screen. That started when Harry and Dumbledore were on that rock, and ended after he died. I think I was trying to keep my self from crying. I never really had tears running down my cheek, but my eyes were a little wet. I felt like I was about to cry full-out tears, but I didn't. Maybe sitting stiffly in a chair and telling yourself not to cry helps. As I said, the Felix scene was great. Harry was really strange, but I liked it. It bothered me that when Dumbledore died, Harry was able to move. I don't know why they changed that. The thought in the book that the only reason the spell Dumbledore had put on him had ended was because he was dead was kind of finalizing his death. I thought the part in Hagrid's hut, when Slughorn was talking about the fish/petal Lily had given him disappearing when she died, was leading up to that so you would know why Harry could suddenly move, but they didn't even have that. Harry would have saved Dumbledore if he'd been able to. Plus they left out Dumbledore's funeral. What the heck? In the book that was the more touching moment. When Dumbledore died I didn't want to believe it (the first time I read it), but the funeral just made me realize that he did.

I'm kind of not wanting to type anymore because I'm afraid all the negative things will come to my mind and convince me that I didn't like the movie. I know this wasn't very long. Deal.

Sexy: Tom Felton. Any time any place, any movie.

Unsexy: Making the people you aren't supposed to like in movies hot (Tom Felton, Freddie Stroma, etc...)

1 comment:

  1. AH! I can't stand suspense.
    I really need to see it.
    And YAY! It sounds so freakin wonderfully awesome. And Freddie Stroma is hot. I looked at his pic on imdb. But Tom is hotter :)

    ReplyDelete