I'm a nerdfighter who loves my friends and Harry Potter.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Trying to Live Like Luna

For a while now, I've been one of those girls who could never live up to the expectations of this world, and then tries to anyway, getting really upset when I can't.  For a while now, I've been extremely self-conscious of my appearance, and tried to fit in, even though I'm fat and have frizzy hair and acne and could never fit in.  For a while now, I've cared far too much what everyone else thinks.  This is going to stop.  I think it's time to start living like Luna Lovegood.  It's time to just be myself and not care what everyone else thinks.  It's time to be that loyal friend that you love, even if you are her only friend.  From now on I am going to dress how I want and not go around wearing Aeropostale shirts becuase that's what is "cool," and simply dress in what is comfortable and in what I like.  From now on I am going to hum "A Song About Acne" and not care who stares.  Well, maybe not from now on, only because I can't get a new mindset overnight.   I have to work towards it. 
     Before, I lived on songs like this, this, and this, just because they helped me get through the day without breaking down.  Now I am going to live those songs.  I used to feel like this, but now I am going to try to think more like this.  I don't think I'll ever stop thinking that someone is better than me, but I'll just put that out of my head.  Now, only the people who can like me no matter how nerdy and unnatractive I am will be the people I like.  Only the tolerant people.  And I'm going to remember that, no matter how obnoxious and ugly I am, God and my true friends will always love me.  I'll still wear make up and dress in cute(ish) clothes, but it will no longer be my top priority.  Now, the only person I am going to try to please is myself.  As long as I stay a good person, there is no reason to feel bad about myself.  From now on, this video will be my inspiration.  I will love every minute of being myself.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I'm so proud of you! The kids at my school get annoyed so easily when I start singing Charlie or ALL CAPS songs. But ya know what? I don't give a shit. HA!

    ReplyDelete