I'm a nerdfighter who loves my friends and Harry Potter.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Thoughts on Dating

You see, I don't want to date. I don't care if other people do. I mean, my best friend is dating an atheist. But I'm saving myself for my future husband. I think that friendship is the way to go. I'm not saying that I'll never like anyone, because I have, but I'm saying that I wouldn't date them. I think that you should always start out with a friendship and go places as friends. And if both of you end up falling in love and work well together, you should call them your boyfriend/girlfriend, then move on to marriage. Even if you don't call them your boyfriend or girlfriend, it still works the same way. God has created someone who is perfect for me, someone who will love me unconditionally. We will find each other eventually. That doesn't mean I don't have to look. But I don't have to look by dating. Again, the friendship thing comes into play. You may be thinking, "What kind if crap is this?" but it's the way I think.  Also, if we are called to dedicate our lives and hearts to God, why would we be giving it to other people and focusing on less important relationships? "No more dating, I'm just waiting. God is writing my love story." That's from the song Average Girl by BarlowGirl. I love it. Why waste your time chasing after boys who will only break your heart when you can turn to God? As my youth pastor once said, "Stop giving away pieces of your heart away to every guy you come to. When Jesus goes to present it to the man you were made for, don't make him go empty-handed." Those words are so true. Save your heart and body for your husband. If you give your heart to every guy, only to have it crushed and ripped every time, it will end up damaged so badly that you may not know who you are meant for. Don't let that happen. Don't cause someone else to be eternally lonely, too.

On a related note, I saw a video of a skit the other day. It made me cry. It made me realise that God *doesn't* make junk. We are beautiful because of Him. Satan is lying to us, trying to pull us down, by convincing us that we're not good enough. I've spent so much of my life with low self-esteem (as you know if you've read most of more recent blogs) and I'm sick of it. I want to cast it away, but at the same time I'm afraid to let go. I can't explain why. We cling to our sin and pain, but I don't know the reason. I want to let go, to lay down my life to the Lord. I want to love everyone, despite their own hatred. I thrive off making others happy. It's the only time when I truly love my whole self.  Maybe that's not a good thing, but I love that my main purpose in life is to try and make others happy.  It makes me feel really good.  That was a bit off topic, but I don't care. 

3 comments:

  1. Very well said. I do agree with your way of thinking since I do believe that before dating a person you should start with true plain friendship.As time passes U will automatically realize that whether U want to continue with the relation or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see where your coming from.
    I do.
    And by the way, I love Barlowgirls, even if they are a christain band.
    But for me, it's not about saving myself for the that 'right guy', it's about trying to...being able to be comfortable with myself first. Plus, I really don't want to be one of the stereotypical girls who have had there heart broken because of guy.
    Also, everyone at my school disagrees with me, and I like being different.
    I think what you're doing is healthy, and what I'm doing is...trying to empower my self somehow.
    Also, *Huggles*
    *Huggles* FTW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree... to a point. Yeah, it's possible to find someone through friendship; that's how I found "Charlie". But, you might find a person, start dating, and find out he wasn't meant for you. That's how it goes. It is VERY unlikely that you'll find your true love on the first go. But awesomesauce if you do. You've got to take the pain, and experience and let it build you into a better person. So then you know how to sort the good guys from the bad. So you'll know the right one when he comes. Sorry, but that's the only little flaw in your philosophy. Oh, and I overall agree with saving yourself, thing. Though, some people don't wait unitl marriage. In some cases, I think it's okay. Anyway, I think it's okay to have your heart broken. It's how you learn. It's how you learn to love that one person more than you ever thought possible. <3
    P.S. Why does Charlie being an athiest matter?

    LURVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete